Tag Archives: net meter price
Net Metering Facility with Solar
Net metering facility with solar for grid connected rooftop solar (GCRT Solar) power plant systems of capacity equivalent to the sanctioned load (SL) may be provided by the DISCOM Utility as per the policy and guidelines laid down by Haryana Electricity Regulatory Commission regulations.
What is Net Metering Facility with Solar?
Grid Connected Rooftop Solar Power Plants are installed with net metering so that excess power generated by the solar plant which is over and above the premises load, could be fed in to the grid. In this process we achieve dual benefits by installing a solar power plant on the roof of the building firstly we are able to our own generate electricity and secondly feeding in extra electricity in to the grid. A two way bi-directional meter (in / out meter) is installed at consumer’s premises and connected with Grid’s main supply to register import and export of electricity.
Who can install Net Metering Facility with Solar?
All consumers of electricity in the area of supply of the DISCOM Utility can participate in the Net Metering facility with Solar subject to target capacity and on first-come-first-served basis. Under Net Metering policy, all consumers of electricity having minimum sanctioned load of at least 1 KW and who wish to generate their own electricity by installing grid connected rooftop solar power plants on Roof-Tops/ Open area of individual households, industries, commercial establishment, training or education institutions, residential complexes, schools, colleges, hospitals, sheds, cold stores, govt. and semi-govt. buildings, etc may participate.
Limitations for Net Metering Facility with Solar
The maximum rooftop solar system capacity to be installed at any eligible consumer premises shall not exceed his connected load in case of Low Tension connection and contract demand in case of High Tension connection.
Arrangements for Net Metering Facility with Solar
The cost of Net meter shall be borne by the eligible consumer. Net Meter shall be installed and maintained by the DISCOM Utility. No meter rentals shall be charged from the consumer
Installed Range of Net Metering Facility with Solar
As per Haryana’s Net Metering Policy, Solar PV power projects of capacity ranging from 1 KW to 500 KW can be installed with Solar Subsidy.
Why to use Net Metering Facility with Solar
- Reduction in bill up to 90%
- Environment friendly, clean energy.
- Generate your own electricity on your rooftop for you electricity requirements.
- Reduction in electricity consumption from the grid.
- If exported power is more than the consumed power then it would be accounted and and available for user’s consumption for one financial year. However, at the end of financial year the accumulated units would get lapsed.
- MNRE, GOI subsidy through State Nodal Agency like HAREDA
- Under the scheme MNRE, Government of India provides 30% subsidy for installation of solar power plants of capacity ranging from 1 KW to 500 Kw
Calculations for Net Metering Facility with 1kW Solar
At least 110 Square feet shadow free empty space is required for installation whose cost would be Rs.65,000. This would also be eligible for 30% Government Subsidy which would be equivalent to Rs.19,500, hence beneficiary’s 70% share would amount to Rs. 45,500. The cost of Net Meter would be borne by the consumer which is over and above the price listed here.
Procedure and guidelines for Installation of Net Meter in Haryana
1. The eligible consumer shall make an application in the prescribed form to the SDO (OP) of the area, along with application processing fee of Rupees 1000 for seeking permission for installation of rooftop solar system in his premises under net metering arrangement.
2. An acknowledgement in lieu of receipt of application is to be given to the consumer on the same day by S/Division office.
3. Site Verification is carried out by the SDO (OP) concerned within three days of receipt of application for net metering.
4. Permission and approval to install rooftop solar power under net metering arrangements given within 15 days of the application
5 Signing of Agreement is done between consumer and SDO (OP) Concerned within three days of approval of application.
6. Consumer is to install grid connected rooftop solar power plant at his premises within the given time frame as per guidelines issued by DISCOM / SNC / MNRE
7. In case of non-availability of Meter with DISCOM, the user will procure the meter from authorized and empaneled vendors.
8. Accepting Net meter by SDO OP concerned from the consumer for testing and verification.
9. Testing and verification of net meter to be carried out by the SDO (OP) concerned within 3 days of receipt from consumer
Mandatory installation of solar power plants with net metering
State Government of Haryana vide its notification dated 03.09.2014 has mandated installation of solar power plant for categories
• All residential buildings built on a plot size of 500 Square Yards and above
• All government and private Educational Institutes, Schools, Colleges, Hostels, Technical/Vocational Education Institutes, Universities, Offices, private Hospitals and Nursing Homes,
• Industrial Establishments, Commercial Establishments, Malls, Hotels, Motels, Banquet Halls and Tourism Complexes,
• All new Housing Complexes, developed by Group Housing Societies, Builders, Housing Boards, on a plot size of 0.5 Acre and above and
• All water lifting stations of Irrigation Department.
• In the residential sector, its mandatory for the new residential buildings whereas the installation of the rooftop solar power plants in the existing residential buildings shall be promoted by providing financial incentives.
Expert Company for Net Metering Facility with Solar
Consider selecting and approaching thoroughly professional and skilled team of DayRise Solar Enerdy Pvt Ltd for assessing and analyzing your electrical load for installation of Net Metering Facility with Solar at your home, office, mall, school or industry.
Contact DayRise Solar for Net Metering Facility with Solar
Contact DayRise Solar team every time you need to know the way to get good offers while you plan to install Net Metering Facility with Solar or buy solar panels in Sonipat.
Avail Solar Subsidy in India for Net Metering Facility with Solar
Also to get help and full Procedure to Avail Solar Subsidy in India for Net Metering Facility with Solar, you may like to contact extremely skilled and expert group of DayRise Solar by way of its Website’s contact Page or by email alternately for any question related to Solar Energy, Solar Subsidy, Solar power, solar products, design, installation and commissioning of On-Grid / Off-Grid Rooftop / Ground Mounted Solar Power Plants throughout Haryana and Delhi NCR.
Help and Assistance for Net Metering Facility with Solar
Qualified skilled team of DayRise Solar might help you in processing of subsidy documents, Net Metering Facility with Solar and processing / uploading of all related documents to Subsidy Regulation Authority / DISCOM Utility.